How to arrange for a consultation

To arrange for an initial consultation that will be provided to you at no charge, you may call our trustee offices on one of our local office numbers or by calling toll free at 1 (877) 421-2288.

  • Providing a quick snapshot of your financial situation helps our Trustees prepare personalized debt relief options for you.

    Please check all that apply
    Please check all that apply
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

What a consultation involves

Initial consultations are confidential and free of charge, and invoke no obligation for you.

An initial consultation can be conducted either in person or over the phone.

You will meet or speak with a licensed trustee or one of our other experienced professionals. We will assess your individual situation and advise you of your available options.

(Note: A bankruptcy trustee is an officer of the court. A bankruptcy trustee does not act as an agent for you or for your creditors but he does have certain responsibilities to all parties.)

If a personal bankruptcy or proposal is chosen, we will provide you with an application form to be completed and returned to our office. The application form will provide us with the detailed information necessary for us to prepare the bankruptcy or proposal papers that you will then sign in order to start the bankruptcy or proposal process.

(Note: Completing the application form is for our information gathering purposes only. It does not start the bankruptcy or proposal process.

What you should bring to the consultation

You should bring, or have available, the following information to assist in the initial consultation:

  • A list of your creditors with estimated dollar amounts owing;
  • A recent pay stub or proof of income;
  • If you are self employed, an estimate of your monthly business income and expenses;
  • If you have financial assets (e.g. stocks, bonds, mutual funds, RRSP’s, life insurance policies etc.), the most recent statements;
  • If you have a vehicle, the ownership and insurance certificate;
  • Your last income tax assessment from Canada Revenue Agency; and,
  • If you own a home, a recent opinion of value from a third party (e.g. real estate agent) and a statement of your current mortgage balance.